The new Sky Bet League Two season is in full swing at last, with all but two clubs having played both home and away.

Harrogate Town’s clash with Crawley Town was postponed as a result of a coronavirus outbreak in the former’s camp, giving each side an early break from the action. A full complement of fixtures was played elsewhere.

Forest Green Rovers returned to the familiar surroundings of the top end of the table with a 3-1 win over Walsall. Green netted each of their goals in the first half as Matthew Stevens scored either side of an effort from the ever-dangerous Jamille Matt.

Midfielder Brendan Kiernan’s strike in added time at the end of the second half was too little, too late for the Saddlers, who sit bottom of the table following two losses from their opening two matches.

League Two new boys Hartlepool United were narrowly beaten by Barrow, despite the statistics swinging in their favour. Barrow took the lead after just three minutes, when Congolese forward Offrande Zanzala beat two defenders and slid a delightful finish beyond Ben Killip.

Hartlepool responded within 15 minutes through teenager Tyler Burey and set into motion what was to become a ding-dong battle, with both sides exchanging blows. Within two minutes of the start of the second half, 26-year-old Josh Gordon added to his earlier assist with his first goal for Barrow following a summer move from Walsall.

Again, United came back. Young forward Will Goodwin marked his Pools debut with a goal on the hour mark after collecting a challenging ball across the box from Mark Shelton. The travelling fans’ delight was to last just 10 minutes, however, as Frenchman Dimitri Sea capitalised on a fortunate bounce to smash the winner past the wrongfooted ‘keeper. This time, Hartlepool had no answer.

Bristol Rovers’ agonising start to life in League Two continued with a 2-0 defeat at home to Stevenage. Rovers, who were relegated from League One last season, suffered two late goals to send them into the relegation zone.

Veteran midfielder Chris Lines opened the scoring with two minutes left on the clock when he scruffily turned home a sumptuous corner delivery from Ben Coker. 28-year-old Luke Norris sealed all three points in the sixth minute of injury time with a cool finish on a rapid counterattack.

Away from the action, Swindon Town bolstered their ranks with the landmark signing of Welsh international Jonny Williams. Williams was picked to represent his nation at the recent European Championships, but never came off the bench before Wales were dismissed in the Round of 16. The 27-year-old was last contracted to Cardiff City and signed on a free deal.